- Award: Dean's Medallion for Outstanding Service to the
School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington, 2003
- Plagiarism Tutorials and Tests (from 2002 - present): Redesigned in 2015, this online instruction is used worldwide in 222 countries, with nearly 66 million page views from 2016 through 2019. Over 596,000 students passed a Certification Test during this 4-year interval. See FAQs.
- Chair of IST Department (2010-12): During my service as chair, the new online Ed.D. program was approved by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, the first such online doctorate at Indiana University Bloomington. In addition, the IST program offerings were also expanded by the master's degree in Adult Education.
- Web Director for School of Education: I led a group of IST students to build the first Web site for the School of Education and the Instructional Systems Technology Department in 1993-94. I served as the School's Web Director from 1998 through 2005.
- AECT: I have been an active member in the Association for Educational Communications and Technology for many years. I am past president of the Division of System Change, and served on the AECT Board of Directors from 2006-2009, representing the Division for Systemic Change in Education.
For details, see my vita, service activities.