Table of Contents
- Address and E-Mail
- Current Position
- Professional Experience
- Awards, Honors, Distinctions
- Professional Affiliations
Research and Creative Activities
- Grants Funded
- Major Presentations
- Web Site Design
- Instructional Development
- Computer Software Developed for Research Purposes
ADDRESS AND E-MAIL
Campus Address: Theodore Frick
Department of Instructional Systems Technology
School of Education
Indiana University Bloomington
Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1006
Campus Phone: Retired--no IU phone. Call IST Dept. (812) 856-8450 E-Mail: Send me e-mail Website: https://tedfrick.sitehost.iu.edu
Professor Emeritus, School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington
B.M.E., Indiana University, 1972. Major: Music Education
Ph.D., Indiana University, 1984. Major: Educational Inquiry Methodology; Minor: Special Education
2013 Jan. - present Professor Emeritus, School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington 2010 July - 2012 June Chairman, Department of Instructional Systems Technology 2010 - Dec. 2012 Professor, Department of Instructional Systems Technology 2009 Interim Department Chairperson, Instructional Systems Technology 1991 - 2010 Associate Professor, Department of Instructional Systems Technology 1998 - 2005 Web Director, School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington 1984 - 1991 Assistant Professor, Department of Instructional Systems Technology 1983 Instructor (fall semester only), Department of Instructional Systems Technology 1976 - 1983 Research Associate, Center for Innovation in Teaching the Handicapped, School of Education, Indiana University. 1975 - 1976 Coordinator, Project PRIME Data Analysis Unit, Indiana University, Bloomington, for Nero and Associates, Rosslyn, Virginia. 1974 - 1975 Research Associate, Center for Innovation in Teaching the Handicapped.
AWARDS, HONORS, DISTINCTION
2012 Award for Exellence in Mentoring: in recognition of exemplary contributions to the success of graduate students, School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington 2010 Trustees' Teaching Award, Indiana University Bloomington 2003 Dean's Medallion for Outstanding Service to the School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington 1996 Invited Keynote Address: Criteria for Evaluating use of Information Technology in K-12 Education, to the International Symposium on New Technologies of Instruction, Taipei, Taiwan 1992 Summer Faculty Fellowship, Dean of Faculties, Indiana University Bloomington 1991 Invited by the Phi Delta Kappa Educational Foundation to write a Fastback (small book) as part of a series commemorating their 25th Anniversary. My contribution is entitled: Restructuring Education Through Technology.
- Member, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), 1999 - 2004
- Member, Software Technology Committee, Indiana Business Modernization and Technology Corporation, 1991 - 1996.
- Full Member, Indiana University Graduate School, 1989 - present
- Faculty Affiliate, Indiana University Cognitive Science Program, 1989 - present
- Member, Association for the Development of Computer- Based Instructional Systems (ADCIS), 1989 - 1991.
- Member, Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), 1989 - present.
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee, Corporation for Science and Technology, State of Indiana, 1985 - 1991.
- Member, American Educational Research Association (AERA), 1974 - 1992; 2006 - 2012.
| Vita Table of Contents | Research | Teaching | Service |