Since retiring in December, 2012, I no longer teach formal classes at Indiana University. Nonetheless, I continue to teach hundreds of thousands of students annually through the Web.
Ongoing Web-based Instruction
Learn to avoid plagiarism
- Quiz: What is Plagiarism at Indiana University? Short concept lesson in form of a quiz (15 min.)
- How to Recognize Plagiarism: Tutorial and trillions of randomized tests. Takes about 2 hours. From 2016 through 2019, nearly 66 million pages viewed, and over 596,000 certificates awarded to students from 222 countries worldwide.
Learn through simulations
- The Cost of Borrowing Money: Did you know that if you borrow $50,000 at 8% interest, and pay it back over 20 years, you will pay over $50,000 in total interest! Change numbers and see what happens.
- Make Decisions with Sequential Observations: How quickly can you choose one alternative over another by sequential sampling? Demonstration of Bayesian reasoning with Wald's Sequential Probability Ratio Test (SPRT).
- The Diffusion Simulation Game (Version 1): How many teachers can you get to adopt an innovation? Takes about an hour or less for each time you play, works in any browser. From 2014 to 2019, about 15,000 people have registered and played.